How to know you and a home are #MFEO – that is- Made For Each Other?
It sounds simple, right? You are looking for the “one” – the home that’s an ideal match for you!
When you’re looking for a home, the numbers are the (relatively) easy part. You know how many bedrooms you can get for your money. You have a good sense of how many square feet you need, and you know you want a second bathroom. But you may experience a feeling during your home search that goes beyond logic…. Sometimes you just know. What are signs that a home is the right place for you?
To help, here are six signs that a given home you’re viewing might in fact be “The One”:
- It becomes the one against which all others are measured! Maybe you saw it early on, when you first started looking. Maybe you liked it, but you wanted to see what else was out there. But then you find yourself referring to it all the time. Other houses just aren’t as nice. The light isn’t as good. The layout doesn’t flow as well. That house, even if you saw it first, might actually be The One.
- It reminds you of previous homes you love. Features like whether the kitchen sink is positioned under a window, or the way the oak tree in the front yard provides shade to the west-facing bedroom. You may not have thought to include those things in your must-haves list, but when you find a house that reminds you of a beloved previous place, it can help push you over the edge from infatuation to love.
- You make a compelling pro/con list and try to talk yourself into – or out- buying it! Sometimes when we ask other people for advice, we find ourselves trying to convince them to give us the advice we want to hear. This can be useful because it tells us what we really want. If you find yourself coming up with more and more reasons to buy a certain house, you may already be in love with it.
- You envision yourself living there. You have visualize how your furniture will fit. You can see your daily activities within the home. You begin to make improvements. No house is perfect, but some imperfections are worse than others. You can’t change the location of a house. But if the things you don’t like about the house are easily changed — like the carpet, the wall color, or even the smell — you might have yourself a winner. If you walk through a place and leave with your heart or mind set on making it yours, it might be “The One.”
- You lose interest in seeing other homes. When you find “The One,” your interest in seeing other homes dissipates, instantly – no matter how many homes you’ve seen or how long you’ve been house hunting.
- You don’t want to leave! How many times can you convince your real estate agent to show you a house before they want you to make an offer already? If you just can’t stay away from the house it might be time to make it your own. Driving by unnecessarily, lingering for a long time during showings, showing up at every open house — these are all signs that you’re ready to seal the deal.
Tony Clark Realtors believes everyone should feel confident when buying and selling a home. Since 1976, we are the Owensboro Kentucky market expert.
Tony Clark Realtors | 2934 Frederica Street Owensboro, Kentucky | (270) 683-SOLD