How can a real estate agent help me sell my home?
When selling your Owensboro home, you will be faced with questions and required decisions- some of which will significantly affect whether or not you make a profit and how much time it takes to sell your home. A real estate agent can offer specialized knowledge in research, marketing & negotiations to help you meet or exceed your goals.
According to the National Association of REALTORS®, 88% of home sales are the result of agent’s involvement. A great real estate agent, like Tony Clark Realtors will:
- Know the market and your neighborhood’s sales, and other handy data like schools, crime or demographics. (For example, you may know that a home by owner down the street was on the market for $350,000, but an agent will know it had upgrades and sold at $285,000 after 65 days on the market and after twice falling out of escrow.) Help you establish a fair asking price that also meets your goals.
- Serve as your advocate and representative when dealing with others -including buyers, buyers’ agents and service providers (the appraiser, the home inspector, the lender.) A good agent will negotiate for their client’s best interest. A great agent can remove themselves from the emotional aspects of the transaction, trained to present their client’s case in the best light, while always holding their client information confidential from competing interests.
- Advise you on how to present your home aesthetically to maximize its appeal to buyers.
- Design a customized marketing plan that will promote your home 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Strategies can include the MLS, direct mail campaigns, fliers, yard signs, advertising, Internet listings, broker only tours and open houses. Schedule and host open houses and home tours.
- Filter all those phone calls that lead to nowhere from lookie looks. Agents take the spam out of your property showings and visits. A great agent will induce serious buyers to immediately write an offer. A great agent will screen all written offers and discuss their advantages and disadvantages.
- Handle all the paperwork. Today’s purchase agreement is lengthy…. 5 pages or more. That does not include the federal- and state-mandated disclosures, addendum and possession agreement. One mistake could cost you thousands or land you in court. Your agent will assist you in making counteroffers, and will prepare you for closing.
- Provide referrals to proven service providers (ie, folks with a reputation for competency and competitive pricing) including title companies, inspectors, appraisers, pest control, moving companies and more.
- Represent you at closing and mediate any last‐minute obstacles to ensure a smooth, successful transaction.
- After the closing services. Complications can arise after closing. The most common in our area occurs when a transfer of ownership is not reflected in the property tax bill- a mix up that could delay delivery of tax notification- A great agent can straighten out the confusion. Many questions can pop up that were overlooked in the excitement of closing. Good agents stand by ready to assist.
- Be loyal to your relationship. The heart of our Realtor’s success is the referrals of past clients. A great agent makes certain clients are happy and satisfied. Longevity in the real estate business means that Tony Clark Realtors will be there for you when you need to hire an agent again in the future, as we have been faithful to your trust since 1976.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Real estate professionals can represent the seller, the purchaser, or both. When agents represent both parties, it is called dual agency. In some states, dual agency affects the real estate professional’s fiduciary responsibilities to the seller. Keep in mind that real estate laws
differ from state to state. For more information, call Tony Clark Realtors 270‐926‐0055