With the weekend rains, and today’s cooler temperature, it is finally beginning to feel like Fall is near! There’s lots to see and do in Owensboro Kentucky this October 2017.
Daviess County Public Library
Fall Break Fun, Oct. 9-15: Visit the 2nd floor of the library for a Scavenger Hunt and Drop-in Craft.
Owensboro Museum of Science and History
- Museum Hours: Tues.-Sat. 10am-5pm and Sun. 1-5pm
“World War I and America” Exhibit: Get the chance to walk through a WWI trench, learn what life was like for the soldiers and how Owensboro’s Homefront helped the war effort.
- Historic Coal Mine Tour: Put a coal mine helmet on and join us on a trip through the Rudy Coal Mine, featuring the history of coal mining in Daviess County during the 19th Century, along with the 1930’s time period. Tour Times are Mon.-Sat. 3-4pm and Sat. 11:30am-12:30pm.
- Kids in the Kitchen, Oct. 10 at 10:30am: Join the Junior League of Owensboro in learning how to make pumpkin humus and fresh apple cider. You will also get the chance to decorate a mini pumpkin!
- LIVE Alpacas and Tortoise Encounter, Oct. 11 at 11am-12pm: Meet and take photographs with “Grayson” and “Baron” the Alpacas and some very large tortoises that LOVE to explore the museum!
- Meet LIVE Sting Rays, Oct. 13 at 1-3:30pm: Our friends from the Newport Aquarium’s Wave Foundation will be presenting live STING RAYS in their brand-new String Ray Cart.
Owensboro Museum of Fine Art
- Museum Hours: Tues.-Fri. 12-5pm and Sat.-Sun. 1-4pm
Kids and Art in Artland: Enjoy a special place designed to challenge and stimulate the imagination while allowing children to create works of art at their own pace.
- Way of the Land: The Farm Story: An invitational exhibition designed to document the region’s agrarian culture, features works by contemporary artists in a wide variety of media, complemented by vintage farming artifacts.
International Bluegrass Music Museum
Museum Hours: Tues.-Sat. 10am-5pm
Tour the International Bluegrass Music Museum: the exhibits and Video Oral History Project documentaries capture the first generation bluegrass artists as they recount their stories, struggles, and successes through the burgeoning time period of the 1940s and 50s all the way to the present day.
Thursday Open Jam, Oct. 12: Pickers of all skill levels are encouraged to participate.
Owensboro Convention Center
Josh Turner will be live in concert on Friday, October 13 at 7pm! Tickets are on sale now at OwensboroTickets.com.
Trunnell’s Farm Market
During Fall Break, Trunnell’s is having “Family Fun on the Farm” Oct. 9-13: Come out and enjoy wagon rides, the family fun acre, the animal barnyard and much more! The Farm Grille will also be open so bring your appetite.
Moonlit’ Harvest Fest, Oct. 14: The entire family will enjoy moonlit’ fun at Trunnell’s from 6-10pm with hayrides to the pumpkin patch, a visit to the Animal Barnyard, bonfires and much more!
Harvest Fest, Oct. 15: The Harvest Festival will feature great farm fun for the whole family! You will not want to miss the Pumpkin Princess Story Time beginning at 3pm.
Reidland Play Area: Enjoy horse and pony rides along with a petting zoo and many rides and activities in the Reidland Play Area!
Fall Break Hours: Oct. 9, 10, 12, and 13 from 10am-4pm and Oct. 11 from 1-4pm.